We are looking for a creative web development intern with a strong background in developing web applications. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills, independent self-direction, and an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. You will have the opportunity to help update several of our company sites, create prototypes, and write production code for various clients.
- Are hungry to learn and are always looking to improve your skills.
- Think about the user when you are building a product. You feel it’s important to see the world through their eyes.
- Believe that you can make a difference by building tools that genuinely improve people’s day-to-day lives.
- Desire to learn how people use the products you’ve built so you can continually improve them.
- Love collaborating with designers and solving problems together. You know what details matter and can help bring clarity to design decisions.
- Care about writing clean, bug-free code.
- Are meticulous and care about the small details.
- Have experience building desktop and mobile web applications.
- Are fascinated by technology.
- Enjoy making a design come to life by building it out in HTML/CSS.
- Thrive in a laid back office environment and enjoy the occasional game of ping pong or foosball.
- Must be able to work 16-20 hours/week during each semester.
- You must be a junior or senior at an Iowa community college, private college, or state university.
- If you attend an institution outside of the state of Iowa you can still apply if you graduated from an Iowa high school.
- Experience building web applications
- Responsive Design
- Understanding of Basic UX principles
- Native App development (iOS, Android)
- Experience working with version control (Git)
- Database (MySQL) experience
- Alexa Skill development
- Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality experience
- API integration (i.e. Google Maps API)
Visual Logic Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.Send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com