Visual Logic Group has an immediate need for a Senior UX (User Experience) Designer. UX consulting is core to our business, so we’re looking for someone with proven consulting abilities to create simple, innovative, and elegant design solutions that help solve real customer problems.
As a Senior UX Designer, you’ll work closely with stakeholders to understand product vision and customer needs, visual designers to implement standards and best practices, and the UX solutions team to validate proposed designs with real customers. You will drive the UX direction of end-to-end customer solutions and find opportunities for further research and improvement. You will also work with mid-level designers to implement standards and best practices across the UX solutions team.
The ideal candidate is passionate about user-centered design, and is eager to learn new methods and technologies. You also have a reputation as a great collaborator and facilitator, have experience relating to others from different disciplines and backgrounds, and can incorporate insights from many different perspectives into your work.
- Work with UX stakeholders in the business to gain deep understanding of customer needs and business goals, and collect valuable feedback and insight in order to drive product direction.
- Document the user experience through user flows, mental models, scenarios, storyboards, and mockups or prototypes.
- Act as an experience evangelist, advocating for end-users and representing their needs and perspectives to the extended team.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, team members and customers to write user stories, design features, validate designs, and work with development teams to ensure correct implementation of your design.
- 4+ years as a user experience, interaction, and/or visual designer, with proven experience designing for customer-facing web, touch-screen or mobile applications.
- A strong passion for learning and a desire to help others.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of highly collaborative consulting teams: able to listen effectively, respectful of others’ perspectives and contributions, and able to both offer and accept feedback openly.
- Outstanding oral and written presentation skills, with the ability to adapt your communication to different audiences.
- Must be organized, able to think beyond what is asked for, act independently, and juggle multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Photoshop and Illustrator is required.
- Ability to create pixel-level mockups or prototypes based on an existing style guide.
- Experience working in an agile product development environment.
- Expertise in designing for mobile experiences.
- Experience with UX design in the following industries; military, telematics, banking and healthcare.
- Practice with extending design principles in service design projects.
- Experience with Sketch.
- Year-end bonus based on company performance
- Generous Health/Dental Insurance: Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
- Company paid long-term disability
- Company paid group-term life insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Apple laptop
- 10 vacation days
- 5 personal days (sick, bereavement, jury duty)
- Major holidays off, with generous time off for Thanksgiving and Christmas (we usually close for the week during Christmas and are off extra days around Thanksgiving)
- Casual work environment
- This is an onsite position at our office in Waterloo, IA. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
- Visual Logic Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.
About Visual Logic Group
Our boutique-consulting firm is more like a family than a place of business. We work hard, have fun and constantly learn from each other. While our work pace is intensely focused on our clients, our business philosophy has always been that slow and steady wins the race. Our office is in a historic downtown building, located next to coffee shops and great restaurants.
Our user experience consulting work is in the areas of planning, architecting and designing for touch screens, web applications and desktop software. We are currently working on several large projects involving web applications for use in military, banking, healthcare, insurance and non-profit sectors. (Due to client confidentiality, we cannot put these items on our portfolio site). We have both a national and international client base.Send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com